- T. Rex- Monolith If Marc Bolan’s voice can’t soothe, seek a medical professional. Seriously, don’t get me started on Marc Bolan. This whole playlist could just have been T. Rex but I tried to control myself.
- Violent Femmes- Confessions The entire essense of pessimism somehow captured onto a song? Very nice.
- Rocket From The Tombs- Ain’t It Fun Bad audio quality? Check. Proto-punk? Check. I don’t know what I’m doing with my life? Checks so hard I rip the paper.
- The Dandy Warhols- Godless I like songs where the singer barely sings.
- PWR BTTM- West Texas Weird kids making cool music.
- Mott The Hoople- All The Young Dudes And anthem. Bonus points for mentioning suicide right at the start of the song.
- Belle and Sebastian- Piazza, New York Catcher I’ve watched Juno a couple of times and enjoy its acoustic soundtrack, don’t hate me about that.
- The Dresden Dolls- Gravity Angsty lady plays angry piano.
- Brentom Wood- Oggum Boogum When you need to smile and gyrate your pelvis AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
- Backyard Babies- Love It’s not easy to combine radio friendliness, Swedish sleaze rock (they’re all remarkably good at a music genre that’s practically dead) and cigarette vibes. Cigarette vibes is when you’re sad and looking out of a window, wondering about what went wrong.
2 thoughts on “Ultra Regret’s “I Must Lower My Blood Pressure” Compilation Vol. 1”
I’m gonna try listening as many of these as I can on the bus tomorrow!
I really like your stuff so I nominated you for the liebster award.