- Fuck It Up (Acoustic)– The Towers of London. The lead singer’s name is Donny Tourette. Enough said.
- Gone Baby Gone– Michael Monroe. Let’s add some good ol’ country feels and nice harmonies and you’ve got yourself a very cute song. Kudos to Michael Monroe for being a living icon that sadly is underappreciated.
- Free And Easy, Take 2– The Brian Jonestown Massacre. Excuse me, could you possibly add more of that tasty tambourine?
- When The Man Comes Around– Johnny Cash. I don’t know why Johnny Cash has the voice of an angel that doesn’t believe in god anymore but the simplicity of his voice takes you by surprise. When I was 4 years old, I used to play this one song of his on repeat all day long, I’d beg my dad to put on the orange cd (it was some cowboy selection of songs) and even though I had no idea who he was or what he was saying, it felt important.
- Add It Up- Violent Femmes. I feel like this song could have been written by a serial killer.
- Sun Is On My Side- Gogol Bordello. In my head, this song is about a sad vampire that will never be able to get back what he lost in exchange for his dreadful immortality. It’s probably not about vampires.
- You Look Like I Need A Drink- Against Me! Poetry.
- Dig Up Her Bones (Acoustic)- The Misfits. They had me at ‘bones’.
With ultra regret,